Buy from me....

Selling door to door is hard. No question about it. People can be some real jerks (white people), rain sucks and the nice weather feels like a kick in the face. Your mind starts to wander on the doors. You start to think about friends back home or what you would be doing... The worst is the nightmares. Just when you think selling is over, you go to sleep and it creeps into your dreams. Haunting really. I thought money would be enough to endure the trials, but it isn't. The only thing that keeps me going is pride. I don't want to be a quitter.

Here are some observations I have about selling in the Tacoma area: white people are jerks. Black people are much more trusting. Hispanics are too nice to kick you out of their home and just say 'no' flat out. Asians will NEVER buy. Old people hate young people. White trash people usually rent and never pass credit.

What has really struck me is how easy it is to break into homes. It is scary. I mean, go look at your front door. Did you look at your dead blot? There is maybe a half inch of wood holding that bolt in there. Use a chain lock, I don't care, you could be 120 lbs and break down the door. You can kick down a door in 2.5. Or your windows... That's cake. We live in so much trust in this world that it makes me nervous. I look at other countries and all of their homes have bars on their windows. That's basic protocol. We aren't that far away. I knocked a neighborhood that had six murders within a five month period. This was maybe a few miles from a nice part of town. Washington isn't really known for killing and break-ins.

I may be going in a huge circle here, just think about it. Look around you. What is holding people back from going ape wild? Thin pieces of paper.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Spoken like a champ. There's not much to protect us if someone really wanted to get in. Living on the second floor isn't any safer either. A ladder can be bought at the nearest store. Come to think of it, a security system wouldn't help much either... I hope I sleep tonight.

Unknown said...

It actually does hammy. Most criminals stalk houses. They know who really has an alarm and who doesn't..statistically, you're three times less likely to have a b and e by having an alarm. It's worth the monthly.... Unless, you live in parawon.

Unknown said...

Look at you business man... givin me the stats... Nice. So these criminals you speak of are actually stalkers as well. They are gettin into some hot water. Looks like things are going ok for you there. I saw your prize money pic. Don't give up and don't quit. You're not a quitter.