Match maker, make me a match

I met this guy at work. *Cough* Let me start again.

My wife has a girlfriend who is about our age and single. She is a chill girl, pretty, and driven. I don't know how she is still single (Earth to Utah mentality! She is in her 20's!). She dates and stuff, but she hasn't found the right one (oh, so that's what single means). And for some reason I want to set her up. I don't know why. I guess that's just what you do when you are married?

Problem is I don't meet a lot of single guys that I would recommend to a friend, until I met this guy at work. He seems like a cool dude. I don't want to get all weird on you, but he's got a similar sense of humor as I do and he doesn't look like a shovel hit his face. It's a match, right? If he is single. I think he is....

The issue is I don't know how to ask him out for her. I've never really set someone up before. He is really easy to talk to, but we haven't gotten to that level where I would ask him to hang out with me outside of work. I think I could, but you know, its kinda awkward. We have just worked together, rather, worked by each other.

The worst thing that could happen is that it would totally turn him off and we could be friends and I would have to have no friends at work. OR I don't say anything, and they were perfect for each other and they die alone. My life is so hard. What do I do? People's futures are in my hands. Fate. Fate. Fate.

Wait, what IF they don't like each other!? What then? My reputation is bust. They will hate me for ruining a perfectly good night they could have been home watching a western!

-------------------UPDATE ---------------------

They met under unusual cricumstances. I mentioned her to him, but he met her while she was visiting a friend, who was his friend, when he came to visit that friend! It sounds like it should work, right? Nope. There just wasn't that flame you need to start the rocket ship of love.

No comments: