we have only ourselves to blame...

Derek Jeter took a four million pay cut per year to stay with the Yanks, and he was pissed. He is 36.



Abandon your belief and hope in God. He is unseen, he takes too long to answer, and even if he does, you can never be sure. Put your faith in men. You can abuse them if they don't deliver. Men are much easier to love and hate because they are tangible. Rely on the merits of men who preform acts that seem super human, who display athleticism that can only be described as "God-given". In sports we trust. Religion is defined as: 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. 2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects. 3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices. 4. something one believes in and follows devotedly. 

The NBA fears that there will be lock-out next year because players want more money.  The average salary of an NBA player was $5.4 million in the 07-08 year. They deserve it, even Okur. 

A true fan of sports knows what dogma he must follow, but mostly sports give the common man have a reason to live. A man can define who he is in a sentence. I am a Dukie. Because I am a fan of Duke, I only like college basketball cause that is the only time my boys will be dominate. I am Raider. As a Raider I paint my face and dress like a crazy. I am a bad a. I am Lynx fan. And as a Lynx fan I.... I hide my true feelings. 
--Stadiums are the synagogues. Shrines are erected at home with the help of Home Depot and Fathead. Jerseys are the link between the common man and deity. Prayers are formulated in the spread and bets made. Pre-game rituals and ceremonies become as essential as the actual game. Championships are heaven. Highlights, analysis, info, past games, and breakdowns can be seen anytime. There are networks wholly dedicated to the religious cause of sports.Without these blessed programs how could one worship from home? Thank heavens, you can sleep tight in your Eagle themed bedspread.

Pro Football is adding additional games for this upcoming season... Cause they are really concerned about concussions and its effect in the long run of players health....



Every problem with sports. Immoral players (from Stockton to Malone, Kobe, Big Ben), cheats (A-Rod, Lance?), gambling (Rose, Jordan), pay to play (Cam, Bush, SMU), and  thugs (Pacman, Arenas) are our fault. We have enabled them to become the monsters that they are. We have excused their heinous actions with their ability to put on a show. We pay indirectly for their homes, cars, women, lawyers, and crimes. The don't ask don't tell policy is as rampant as ever in the sporting arena. The revolving door is sucking up teen athletes as well. The integrity of sports, if there ever was some, has all but vanished. The phrase, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying," has become a punch phrase. Cheating is nothing more than getting a competitive edge.

What should I do? Should I admit that I root for the unethical? Should I remind you that I do that all the time? Should I believe that I can make a difference? No. Do nothing. Let it happen. All I care about is the entertainment.

Written with the help of the famous Walker Wood.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Lance Armstrong is an American hero and I don't care if he used rocket shoes