My unique telephone number

I have a very unique number. It looks like it could be for a law firm or a hotline of sorts. I get a lot of phone calls. I get phone calls from people thinking I am a church (I had one guy call me two times about the funeral for a guy in Sacramento) to a hospital.

I used to pick up and tell people they had the wrong number or mess with people. I don't anymore. One late night I got a phone call from a lady. She was frantic sounding. Something bad had happened. She said something about a gun shot to her arm. I told her that she needed to call 9-11. Now, I just let it go to VM.

I don't know why I haven't written about this sooner, I've had this number since high school, but today I got a message that I couldn't help but share. I

"Hi, this is Jane Doe, I also need to pick up films from my, uh, CTs that I had on October 6th. Its of my brain. Um, I will also be picking up the one on the 13th at the same time. Um, it will be later this afternoon, about 3:00 O'clock. My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx if you have any questions."

I do have some questions:

  1. Sounds like you have either just called or called this number in the past, but yet you got it wrong. Try redial? 
  2. You're "also" picking up these two separate CT scans. What else are you coming here for?
  3. What is going on with your brain? I'm a little concerned that this is serious damage. It didn't tip you off when my answering machine wasn't for a hospital or wherever you got you CT scans?
  4. Don't hospitals usually tell you when to come get the film? 


No comments: